Sunday, August 29, 2010

I haven't had much time this last week to do much of anything. I am planning to make a birthday cake for my husband in the very near future. So since I haven't gotten to do anything interesting, I went and dug up some stuff I made in the past. 

I'm big on making cupcakes. I love them, there's so much you can do with them. 


These were a set of four different types of cupcakes that I made for my friend, Mark's, birthday. He was having a party and I wanted to do something special for him. 


These were just coloured vanilla cupcakes with plain white vanilla icing. I decorated them with coloured candy stars and coloured sugar. 


These cupcakes were orange, lemon cupcakes. I mixed the lemon flavoured batter with yellow food colouring and orange flavoured batter with orange food colouring and then swirled them together in the cupcake tins. I did the same with the icing. 


These were the second best of the batch. These were neapolitan cupcakes. As the lemon-orange ones, I separated the batter and flavoured and coloured them to taste and look like strawberry, vanilla and chocolate ice cream. I topped them with fluffy vanilla icing, a fresh strawberry half and then drizzled with chocolate.


These were the hit of the night. These were pina colada cupcakes. I flavoured them with both real coconut and pineapple. I decorated them with fluffy icing and rolled them in dried coconut. I put a sour cherry candy on top and used coloured licorice to look like straws. They were so moist and tasty, and not to mention look really cool. 


These were from a different night. I made these with real apple and then tried to make them look like the apples that I used to make them. I used tissue and tooth picks to make the leaves, unfortunately and inedible garnish. 


These were the very first rainbow cupcakes that I ever made. They are pretty much the same as the ones I made for Mark's party. But since they were the first I made, they deserved to be shown too. 

So that's all I have for now. I have pictures for previous recipes that I've posted, but haven't pulled them from the camera yet. I'll do that soon. Maybe next post, I'll update the old ones with the pictures I have. 

But for now, ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment